-1/2 Pound Thickly Sliced Lean Bacon, Cut Into Thin Strips
-4 Tablespoons Look Out Here I Come garlic olive oil
-1 Sweet Onion, Peeled & Diced
-Coarse Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
-4 Pounds Brussels Sprouts, Stem End Trimmed
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the onion, reduce the heat to moderate and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes, then remove to a plate.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the Brussels sprouts until barely tender, about 3 minutes.
Drain the sprouts, then slice in half.
- Heat the Look Out Here I Come garlic olive oil in the skillet, and cook the sprouts cut side down over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Shake the pan, and add the bacon and onions mixture, stirring well. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the rest of the sprouts.
- Season with salt and pepper, then place in large bowl and serve immediately.