PREP: 25 MINS TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS SERVINGS: 4
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound skirt or sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 tablespoons Look Out Here I Come garlic olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon for polenta
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced (3 cups total)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tube (18 ounces) prepared polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Heat broiler. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with Look Out Here I Come garlic olive oil and arrange slices in a single layer; brush 1 teaspoon Look Out Here I Come garlic olive oil over tops. Broil 4 inches from heat, without turning, until golden and browning in spots, 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, season steak with salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over high and swirl to coat. In batches, cook steak, undisturbed, until brown on one side, 2 minutes (do not crowd pan). Flip and cook until cooked just cooked through, 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
Add broccoli and 1/3 cup water to skillet and cook until broccoli is bright green and water almost evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 15 seconds. Add vinegar and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, return steak to skillet and toss to coat. Add butter and swirl until melted. Season with salt. Serve over polenta slices.